Colonial Wine and Beverage | 8389 Mayfield Road | Chesterland, Ohio 44026 | Phone: 440-729-7303 | Hours: Monday-Friday: 10am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-6pm, Sunday: CLOSED

Follow us on

Facebook Icon for Colonial Wine and Beverage Google Plus Icon for Colonial Wine and Beverage Instagram Icon for Colonial Wine and Beverage Twitter Icon for Colonial Wine and Beverage Pinterest Icon for Colonial Wine and Beverage Yelp Icon for Colonial Wine and Beverage
Find your Wine or Beer

WINE OF THE DAY 10/3/16 La Mondianese Ruche 2011 $19.99

October 3, 2016

In order to be labeled Ruche, the wine must be comprised of at least 90 percent Ruche with the remaining 10 percent Barbera or Brachetto. The wine has a bright ruby color with delicate floral and red berry aromas. It has medium body with a delicate, velvety taste with hints of black plums and some pepper.

It is a fruity, approachable and, yes, friendly wine that lacks the pretense of a big Barbera and that reminds me in some ways of a Dolcetto. It has good acidity but little tannin so it is a wine meant to be drunk young. While it compliments salami. roasted veal and aged cheeses, the best match may be with the classic Piedmont dish, tagliolini with white truffles.


Leave a Comment

Your Name:

Comments

No comments currently. Be the first to comment!
Home   |   News   |   Events   |   Services   |   Location   |   Buy Romitorio Brunello   |   Contact   |   Join the Wine Club
All Rights Reserved 2017, Colonial Wine and Beverage - Admin Login   |   Web Design by Alt Media Studios